Critical Care Nurse
With advanced level of competence, knowledge and understanding of professional nursing
and quality healthcare delivery.
- Assess the delivery of nursing care in the unit, identifies risk factors and apply
measures for improvement.
- Assess the health status of assigned patient(s) in the unit as indicated by the
patients’ medical diagnosis and health needs within the best practice nursing
- Collect the necessary data of each patient by interview, observation,
inspection, auscultation, palpation, reports, and records.
- Plan ways to identify risks, solve problems and contribute to improvements in
the unit in collaboration with supervisory personnel.
- Act rapidly and effectively, manage self, patients, and other employees, during
- Be constantly aware of work process problems or bottlenecks that prevent the
achievement of goals, objectives, and targets.
- Communicate all doctor’s orders or changes to fellow personnel and ensure
all orders are followed and carried out as soon as possible.
- Inform doctor of any problems or patient needs and response to treatment,
consult with doctor if any problems or queries occur regarding any prescribe
treatment e.g., medication or wound care.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in English.
- Medication Administration and Documentation skills.
- Able to apply critical nursing skills and judgement across a range of variable
situations and able to anticipate problems.
- Sound knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control Principles.
- Organized and able to work under pressure.
- Degree is required.
- A post basic qualification around specialty.
- At least 4 years in the health care environment is essential.
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwife Council of Ghana.
Job Category: Critical Care Nurse
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ghana