The Finance Officer is responsible for managing various financial tasks, including reconciliations, payment processing, compliance and maintenance of financial records. The Jobholder will support the Finance Team to achieve month-end book closing targets and ensure smooth financial operations.
Key Work Output and Accountabilities
- Collaborate with Procurement for weekly and month-end Trade Payable Reconciliation.
- Generate Monthly Trade Payable Ageing Report and meet vendor payment terms.
- Conduct quarterly supplier reconciliation with key vendors.
- Coordinate with the Senior Finance Officer to confirm cash flow for weekly payments.
- Communicate payments and schedules to vendors weekly.
- Prepare and file monthly withholding tax returns with timely distribution of tax certificates to vendors.
- Support the Financial Controller in achieving month-end book closing by the 4th working day, including
- completing balance sheet reconciliations and posting operating expenses.
- Help maintain necessary documents for month-end reporting to ensure timely statutory audits (External,
- Internal, and Ghana Revenue Authority). This includes preparing well-supported monthly journals.
- Collaborate with the Senior Finance Officer to create the Monthly Prepayment Schedule.
- Ensure accurate upkeep of the Fixed Assets Register in line with the General Ledger.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Accountability and responsibility
- Time management and tenacity
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate
If you are interested in the position and wish to apply, kindly forward your CV to email@example.com with the wording Finance Officer in the subject line.
The Bank Hospital
Location: Block F6 Shippi Road Cantonment, Accra
P.O. Box CT 1224, Cantonments, Accra | Tel +233 302 739373 | Reg Number CS156732016
Date Posted: November 3, 2023
Closing Date for Applications: November 17, 2023
Reports to: Financial Controller
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted